Old 03-02-2005, 03:01 AM
Alan Walker

Yeah, but wallabies??? These are little kangaroos. They
don't climb trees. I was thinking that wallabies might also be a
colloquialism that we are missing?
By the way, Jim, I hope your knee surgery was very
successful and you are back on your pogo stick in no time. Gotta
keep up with those wallabies! ;-)
Alan Walker

From: Jim Lewis
But they make themselves at home almost anywhere. And if
someone brings two wallabies you soon have wallababies. There
is a well-established breeding colony of wallabies near
Waimanalo on the island of Oahu in Hawaii (a startling sight
when driving on the highway), and I've heard of colonies of
escaped wallabeasts in other areas of the world where you
wouldn't think they'd be.

So far, Florida seems to have escaped THIS introduced animal.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL

++++Sponsored, in part, by Mike Page++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++