Old 10-02-2005, 12:46 PM
Dariusz J Michalczyk

Hi Mel,
I really did search the Internet myself, still some of the links you sent me
are a revelation!
Thank you very much. Please keep your fingers crossed so that I get the
permissions
With kind regards,
Dariusz

Użytkownik "mel turner" napisał w
wiadomości ...
"Dariusz J Michalczyk" wrote in message
Hello everybody,
I am desperately looking for someone who could kindly provide me
photographs
of cocoa tree, healthy or (particularly) infected with Cocoa Swollen

Shoot
Virus and of Anthiaris toxicaria (upas tree), with permissions for
publication. I am preparing Polish translation of a Russian popular book
on
principles of phytopathology. Though focussing on translation, I would
like
very much to enhance the appeal of the book by adding some impressive
photos
to it.
Therefore, I should greatly appreciate your contribution. Needless to

say
it
would be gratefully acknowledged in the book.
Looking forward to your generous response,
Dariusz Michalczyk
Department of Plant Physiology and Biotechnology,
University of Warmia and Mazury
ul. Oczapowskiego 1a
10-917 Olsztyn
Poland

With regard to Antiaris, there's evidently not a lot online.

A Google Image search turns up

http://www.vam.ac.uk/collections/asi...tories/arrows/

with

http://www.vam.ac.uk/images/2754-popup.html

as a pretty good painting of Antiaris

and
http://www.forestry.sarawak.gov.my/f...ra/pp/ipoh.htm

also has a drawing of a twig.

http://wildasia.net/main/photo.cfm?photoID=99
has a photo of a large trunk in habitat

http://www.xlrdzwy.com/page/redaizhenxibinweizhiwu.htm

has a smaller large sapling

http://www.losn.com.cn/hjbh/plant/moraceae/1-111.htm

evidently shows Antiaris seeds and seedlings.

As for Theobroma swollen shoot virus, both

http://www.oardc.ohio-state.edu/cocoa/cssv.htm
and
http://www.chocolateandcocoa.org/Lib...ollenshoot.asp

use the same image of an infected tree.

http://www.dropdata.net/cocoa/cocoa_prob.htm

has a close-up of a swollen twig

http://www.dpvweb.net/dpv/showdpv.php?dpvno=10 should be useful:

http://www.dpvweb.net/dpv/showfig.php?dpvno=10&figno=03

shows stem swellings

http://www.dpvweb.net/dpv/showfig.php?dpvno=10&figno=01

and

http://www.dpvweb.net/dpv/showfig.php?dpvno=10&figno=02

show affected leaves

http://www.dpvweb.net/dpv/showfig.php?dpvno=10&figno=04

shows affected roots of cacao seedlings

http://www.dpvweb.net/dpv/showfig.php?dpvno=10&figno=06

show an affected pod

http://www.dpvweb.net/dpv/showfig.php?dpvno=10&figno=05

show the virus particles under TEM

If any of the above fit your needs, you should of course next try to
get in contact with the owners of the images in question for
their permission to reuse them.

cheers