Old 10-02-2005, 08:43 PM

Does anyone have any "interesting" ways they've dealt with fast clogging
diatom??? Would using 1/2 the amount of media help?? I would like to get
2-3 weeks run-time before having to clean this filter...

You can place a sponge filter (sock) over the intake. This will
prefilter out your larger particles.
I usually run mine for 24 hr. and by then the water is crystal clear.
You will also get a biofilm buildup after a day or so and this will
also speed up you filter clogging, so I don't think you will be able
to get more than a couple of days out of a charge.
If you are using a lot of media, consider buying it in 50 lb. bags
from your local Spa and Hot-tub supplier.

take care.