Old 11-02-2005, 08:43 PM
boing

Default Lawn on top of blackout

Hello,

Looking for some advice, for a few years now I have been trying to lay
a decent lawn with little success. The area has been for a very long
time home to all sorts of angry looking weeds and although I have
cleared them and used all sorts of toxic stuff, they still come back. I
don't need advice on how to get rid of them I've had all sorts from
experts up and down the country in 3 years. Now I am just fedup and
want to try something I've invented myself so here's the question (at
long last you say);

I'm not a gardner but I have used that black cloth covering stuff to
block out weeds around my boarders and that seems to work well. My plan
for the lawn is to dig it up (again) and lay some of the black covering
cloth down. Then I plan to put the turf right on top. The idea being
while the weeds can't get up the grass roots should be able to dig
down. I'm sure I'm have to water it very well for a while.

Will it work ?

Can anyone help ?