Old 12-02-2005, 03:13 PM
Ray

Adding to Claude's good advice - when you water, be sure to soak those
aerial roots. The silvery-white velamen will turn transparent when it fills
with water, allowing you to see the green interior of the roots. That
velamen is actually a spongy network of dead cells that act to store water
and nutrients until they can be transferred to the living root tissue for
uptake.

"Phalguy" wrote in message
Hello Rick!

Don`t cut them! The plant uses them to get moisture and nutrients from the
air!
Leave them alone!

Claude

oups.com...