Old 12-02-2005, 09:11 PM
John Thomas

That seems like a lot of money for a plastic bucket- I couldn't tell if
you get anything else with it. Does it come with plants and/or a pump?

I was going to try something like a container pond this spring myself,
using a 20 gallon pot that used to be home to a red-legged frog and some
ferns. After its been cleaned, lined, and I've caulked in the pump cord
through the drainage hole, that is. My quarantine tank is currently home
to 3 white clouds, some $0.10 feeder fish I didn't have the heart to
kill, and a couple of plants my Apple Snail likes to mow on... once it's
set up with some cultured gravel, I think the whole thing will have
taken me about 10 hours and $20 (including liner for the pottery) A
plain old small fountain pump with a sponge on the intake is around $10.

P.S. Enjoy your posts in the piscean groups