Old 14-02-2005, 12:34 AM
Anonny Moose

I planted a Stella three years ago and had a handful of very tasty fruit
last summer. I had expected it to grow to 10 feet, but looks like it's going
to be taller - maybe 15-17. It's my first experience growing cherries, so
can't tell you any more. I'm north of you, in the Portland area.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm wanting to grow a cherry tree in my Zone 9, Northern California
garden. I'd like it to be semi-dwarf, disease resistant, and
self-fertile with outstanding fruit production (tasty, tasy fruit!).
I've had Stella reccomended to me, as well as Craig's Crimson. Any
comments on these two varieties, or suggestions for others?

Thanks.

-Fleemo