Old 13-02-2005, 06:42 PM

Default Best Cherry Tree for Zone 9

I'm wanting to grow a cherry tree in my Zone 9, Northern California
garden. I'd like it to be semi-dwarf, disease resistant, and
self-fertile with outstanding fruit production (tasty, tasy fruit!).
I've had Stella reccomended to me, as well as Craig's Crimson. Any
comments on these two varieties, or suggestions for others?

Thanks.

-Fleemo

Old 14-02-2005, 12:34 AM
Anonny Moose

I planted a Stella three years ago and had a handful of very tasty fruit
last summer. I had expected it to grow to 10 feet, but looks like it's going
to be taller - maybe 15-17. It's my first experience growing cherries, so
can't tell you any more. I'm north of you, in the Portland area.

oups.com...

Old 18-02-2005, 05:09 PM
figaro

Check out Bay Laural Nursery. I believe they are in Northern California.
They have very specific info about chill requirements for all of their fruit
trees and they have an extensive catalog including cherries and
interspecific hybrids with cherries. They know your climate and what would
work well for you. And I have never had a problem with anything I have
received from them in the past 5 years. The quality of their plants is top
notch. I believe they are at www.baylauralnursery.com.

I have no connection with this nursery except that I have ordered from them
for the last five years and am very pleased every spring.

Old 18-02-2005, 05:47 PM
mleblanca

www.baylauralnursery.com

it is spelled baylaurelnursery