Old 14-02-2005, 08:38 AM
gregpresley

You can prune it out if you find it unsightly - eventually it will rot away
anyway. However, if you decide to prune it, wear the thickest shirt material
or jacket you own, and thick gloves. Pampas grass has VERY sharp blades and
will nick your skin in a million places given half a chance.
"woodcocs" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have 3 pampas in my garden and this year 2 produced the feather
fronds for the first time. Unfortunately high winds have broken them
all. What should I do with the broken fronds - cut them back as low as
I can, leave them or cut off just the tips. Any advice on what to do
and when?