Old 14-02-2005, 04:01 PM
Rob Halgren

dusty wrote:

At one time I was thinking of changing to MH figuring it would save on
electric because everyone said they where so much brighter. I went over to
Worms way with my light meter and what I found is to cover the same area
with about the same light would require about the same wattage and more
space.(height) the MH only had a slight gain of 150 Fc compaired to my
current setup. However the one thing I don't have is space. Also the MH
was, for me, outrageously pricey even at Hummert wholesale seed co.

Grow well and bloom magnificently

The downside may be that you require more height, although the upside
is... height... I can't count the number of inflorescences I burned up
in the fluorescent light tubes. I don't think MH lights are for
everybody though. And my paphs (seedlings at least) seemed to do better
under fluorescents than MH.
You could try to find a used fixture. They are around for not much money.

Rob

2a) See rule 1
orchids, obtain more credit

LittlefrogFarm - Growing the plants Rob likes. )