Old 15-02-2005, 03:01 PM
southernbc

The thing has to be set dead level to work at all and when "leakage"
occurs it goes down to the bottom. Whatever the slight distubance is
caused by (dog kids etc.....) I don't think I would want a self emptying
pond on my deck would you.

Don

Cichlidiot wrote:
southernbc wrote:

I have one and they are NOTHING Like the picture. I ended up placing
stumps all the way around to stop the thing from collapsing and filling
up to the top with bark mulch and it looks OK now but I do not recommend
the pop up pond.

Are you sure you got the real deal and not an accidental swap with
something else like a half-barrel liner? Happens sometimes. I ask because
a local pet store had a PopUp Pond set up last year and it looked pretty
much the same as the picture on the box. They did have spillage problems,
but they said those were mostly due to humans (particularly children) and
animals bumping or tipping a top edge. Such would be a danger with any
flexible system not contained inside a rigid shell though.