Old 17-02-2005, 01:08 AM
DJBrenton DJBrenton is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith ;-\)
I have a problem with finding the right spot to chit my potatoes,I know they
want a light,cool, frost free place but I am struggling to find the right
place.I do not have any spare unheated rooms which are ideal.I have a
unheated shed & greenhouse but these go below zero occasionally,like last
night when we get a heavy frost!I have a heated greenhouse which doesn't go
below 55f but on a sunny day can reach 80f,would they be O.K in here?
--
Thanks Keith,England,UK.
I started mine in a heated greenhouse at around 70 degrees. They were all ( apart from Pink Fir Apple which is only now starting ) sprouting within a week. I've then moved them into an unheated greenhouse which just about hits 0 to slow them down and they're progressing nicely. You could make a fleece enclosure for the nighttime if you're really worried.