Old 16-02-2005, 09:51 PM
Gene Schurg

Larry,

I killed mine a slow death. I think I kept it too hot. One of the growers
in our society has one he brings in to show in January that is huge. He
boasts that it loves his culture because he's too cheap to buy oil to heat
the greenhouse.

Good Growing,
Gene

"Larry" wrote in message
My wife gave me an orchid for Valentine's day (isn't she thoughtful?) --
Burr Stephen Isler. She purchased it from Home Depot. It is a name I had
never heard of and had to look up. I found a picture at
http://www.notsogreenthumb.org/orchi.../genera1.htm#B. The plant

looks
great - 4 flowers already and 12 more buds in line to open.

According to the above web site it has 4 parent species. I'm not sure

which
species it will mimic in terms of its water, light, temp needs.

Can anyone give me some growing tips on this plant - watering needs, light
requirements, temperature, etc.?

Thanks in advance.

Larry