Old 17-02-2005, 06:41 AM
TU

Thanks all for your input.
I'm tempted to think that it's a Ren monachica as these plants are
also available at the nursery. Why there're labelled differently is
beyond me, but both Ren mautiana and Ren monachica look the same at
the nursery.

As long as it's a Ren monachica and not an unknown hybrid, I'm happy.
Will confirm that when it flowers this Autumn (hopefully).

Cheers
T.U

"Edmond Cormier" wrote in message news:teUQd.411573$6l.328554@pd7tw2no...
Renanthera monachica is, I think, a small renanthera and is not too rare.
Ed Cormier
"TU" wrote in message
om...
Thanks Wendy for the reply, but this is a small plant with the stem no
longer than 7cm (3"?) and it has 2 old flower spikes on it. I read
that matutina is a much bigger plant?

TU

Wendy wrote in message
Could it be ""matutina"" ? I think this is a species.
Remove peterpan for email reply

Cheers Wendy

TU wrote:
I bought a Renanthera mautiana (?) from a nursery last weekend. I
thought it was a species, but couldn't find any info on this plant on
the net. Could someone tell me if this is a species or a hybrid? Or if
the spelling is incorrect? TIA

TU