Old 17-02-2005, 05:36 PM
Jack Bauer

If you want to throw away your money on a John Deere, I guess that's ok
but I would rather buy an MTD and have all those thousands of dollars
left over to buy many other things. You could buy a new MTD for what it
would cost for a John Deere repair. An MTD can run 20 years without any
major repairs. Since the initial cost of a John Deere might be 5 times
what an MTD cost, the John Deere would have to run for a hundred years
without major repairs to equal the MTD. From what I have seen of John
Deere's, they haven't got a chance of running that long, not even 20 years.

JB wrote:
Just got an offer from John Deere. They're wanting me to purchase a two year
service maintenance plan (two annual checkups). Cost is $545. No thanks.
That's a tad high to change oil, sharpen blades, lubricate a couple of
bearings.