Old 18-02-2005, 01:53 AM

Default Help Save Me From Nasty Stinky Red Mushrooms

Last year I bought what I was told were cedar chips. Along with these
"cedar chips", I believe I also received spores of a REALLY REALLY
foul-smelling red-colored mushroom. When one of these "mushrooms"
first pop out of the ground, it's about 3/4" in diameter, then it grows
into the shape of, I kid you not, a penis. Fully mature, it's about
12" long, 3/4" in diameter, red in color, slimy, and stinks worse than
cat shit! Yes, the smell is so bad, even when it first pops out of the
ground, it attracts flies like crazy and is strong enough to drive you
into the house. What I've been doing as soon as I notice one starting
to grow is I grab as much of it as I can with an old Walmart bag, like
you would if you were to pick up a dog pile. Is it possible to
erradicate these "mushrooms" from my yard by doing this? Or am I just
helping spread the spores?

Please tell me what these horrid-smelling "mushrooms" are, and how I
can get rid of them!

Oh, BTW, I live in north Florida.

Patrick