Old 18-02-2005, 06:06 PM
Katra

Probably just about any Texas wildflower mix?

Cactus seed mixes may work as well, but it'd be a long time before you
saw any results!

A few mixed pots of small cactus might be cute, and would not be that
difficult to plant.

4" pots of Lantana and Salvia coccinea are also easy to get and both
grow well! My S. coccinea is getting VERY large now and I just got it
last summer. :-)

In article ,
"Carlos" wrote:

How about anything that might work well from seed?

"escape" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 20:13:21 GMT, "Carlos" opined:

I have a very rocky escarpment, some loose rocks, some large areas of
limestone. Any flowers that are drought and heat resistant that will grow
in
rocky soil? Get's full unprotected sun all day.

Blackfoot daisy
lavender
rosemary
lantana
Salvia gregii
red yucca
agaves
prickly pear cactus
coreopsis spp
most plants which are silver leaved, like artemesia's

K.

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

As we go through life thinking heavy thoughts, thought particles
tend to get caught between the ears causing truth decay- so be sure
to use mental floss twice a day. -- Swami Beyondanada