Old 19-02-2005, 01:34 AM
Dave Sheehy

I'm in N. California and grow mine in a north window with a bunch of Phals.
That means its in the intermediate range temperature wise and gets light in
the upper Phal range (~1000fc). I endeavor to keep it evenly moist. So far
so good, it just finished blooming about a month ago. The flowers lasted a
long time.

Dave

Gene Schurg ) wrote:
: Larry,

: I killed mine a slow death. I think I kept it too hot. One of the growers
: in our society has one he brings in to show in January that is huge. He
: boasts that it loves his culture because he's too cheap to buy oil to heat
: the greenhouse.

: Good Growing,
: Gene

: "Larry" wrote in message
: ...
: My wife gave me an orchid for Valentine's day (isn't she thoughtful?) --
: Burr Stephen Isler. She purchased it from Home Depot. It is a name I had
: never heard of and had to look up. I found a picture at
: http://www.notsogreenthumb.org/orchi.../genera1.htm#B. The plant
: looks
: great - 4 flowers already and 12 more buds in line to open.
:
: According to the above web site it has 4 parent species. I'm not sure
: which
: species it will mimic in terms of its water, light, temp needs.
:
: Can anyone give me some growing tips on this plant - watering needs, light
: requirements, temperature, etc.?
:
: Thanks in advance.
: