Old 19-02-2005, 04:01 AM
Phisherman

These are good in medium/low light: arrowhead, aglemedia (sp?) Silver
Queen, staphilia, philodendron, grape ivy, devils ivy, spider plant,
sanseveria, peperomia. If this gets a little morning sun, try African
violet. If there is no sunlight at all you might try "Lucky bamboo"
which grows in pebbles and water. Most people water their plants too
much--once a week should be enough perhaps twice a week during the
summer months. Get a good large waterproof saucer.

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 10:32:46 -0800, Dave Smith
wrote:

I need to ask...

1. How much light/sun does the shelves get?

it is next to a window but probably does not get direct sunlight.

2. How much space is above the second shelf?

about 18 inches

3. Are you looking for am easy-to-care houseplant?

that sounds good for a beginner

4. Are you looking for something vining? flowers? colors?

i'm open to anything.

5. Plants, even the easy ones, need some care. Are you willing/able
to give some care? (If not, get an "air fern"--it requires no water,
is dead but looks good.)

heh, i'm willing to do some watering. I have a 4yr old that I think
would enjoy it.

thanks for any advice,

Dave