Old 19-02-2005, 02:18 PM
pixi

Made a large mistake. The ich medication is called malachite green and
seems to be doing the trick. The fishe's dorsals are upright again and on
two of them there is only one or two spots. The 3rd looks a lot better but
still has lots of dust.

How long would I have to treat them. The bottle says 3 days, but I thought
maybe a week. I am also mixing their food with tetracycline because their
tails are shredded.

This stuff sure acted fast. The rot and the ich, I mean.

I don't know why I get myself involved in these things. I have 12 bird
feeders outside, a pond with fish down the hill by the woods and a new one
up the hill closer to the house without fish in it yet and waiting to be
completely landscaped.

A decent Walmart is 50 miles. This one is allegedly one of the biggest in
the country with 195,000 square feet. Have another 12 miles away but it is
so small I can't find what I want.

Lowes is 50 miles away and Home Depot is 70 miles.

As you can tell, I live in a highly populated area. No clothing stores,
nobakeries, no cleaners, one small gro cery store in the county seat. Lots
of gas stations though.

"humBill" wrote in message
. com...
I dont know how far out you are but Amquel type products are often

available
at Home Depot & Lowes. Wal Mart will also have some for aquariums,
sometimes ponds.

I am not familiar with methylene blue. If this actually a 'cure', great.
The tank should still be treated after they have no more spots. The white
spots are actually eggs sacks which fall off when they are hatching. In
fact, this is when the ich can be killed. If you do not continue

treatment
they will multiply and many more will appear in about 3 weeks.

I would agree the Ich was not your fault. I believe Ich is not latent =

it
was already present and just progressed to the 'egg' stage. The stress

may
have sped that up a bit at worst but they already had it.
Good Luck with your little pets!
Bill