Old 20-02-2005, 02:11 AM
Ozdude

"Robert Flory" wrote in message

"Shagster" wrote in message
That is an EXCELLENT site! Ugh, I think I have a little bit of just
about everything... But the stuff I'm most concerned about appears to be
Thread algae...

Thanks!

Most algae problems can be solved long term by properly balancing
nutrients, CO2 and light. I wiped out a world class growth of BBAand
green thread algae with increase in CO2, nitrates, potassium and traces
adn pruning ... ala Tom Barr. It took some time but the jungle is okay
now ;-)
Bob

In my experience, what you are stating is very true.

I found the biggest algae "starter" is over feeding fish food. So once you
get this sorted it's a fairly easy thing to get everything else in balance.
I also think it's healthy to allow some green fuzz on rocks and wood, mainly
for the algae eaters, but it also looks good.

It's looks horrible though if there are large areas of glass covered in the
stuff, and indicative that something needs to be blanced in the tank

Oz