Old 20-02-2005, 03:09 PM
rosie readandpost

bill,
your flowers are BEAUTIFUL!

--
rosie

"Bill R" wrote in message
: Dawn wrote:
: I'm new to tulips, so I apologise if this sounds stupid. I've
read that
: after the plant blooms I'm supposed to trim off the dead flower
so that
: it won't set seed, and continue to water the greenery so the
bulb can
: prepare itself for the next season. Ok. How do I trim off the
dead
: flower? Do I just break it off? Or should I cut it? At which
point on
: the stalk?
:
:
: Dawn
:
:
: Dawn,
:
: It doesn't matter if you cut them off or break them off.
: What I do is cut or break them off just above the leave. It
: is important that you leave all the foliage on the plant
: until it turns yellow (or brown). This helps the bulb
: develop for next year. It is a good idea to feed your
: tulips right when (or shortly thereafter) they bloom.
: --
: Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)
:
: Digital Camera: HP PhotoSmart 850
:
: For pictures of my garden flowers visit
: http://members.iglou.com/brosen
:
: Remove NO_WEEDS_ in e-mail address to reply by e-mail
: