Old 20-02-2005, 07:37 PM
madgardener

" rosie readandpost" wrote in message
i am from farther north than you (wisconsin) and we are nowhere near
spring................
i look forward to more pictures in the future.
i love tulips, but have moved to "deer country" and have been
advised against planting them here.

--
rosie

you can always plant narcissus. The deer DON'T eat them and there are
thousands of colors and come in split cup, fragrant, species, ruffled,
doubles, peach colors, pinks, yellows, creams, everything you could possibly
think of.
Try (donning flame proof drawers, first) Dutch Gardens, McClure &Zimmerman,
Sheepers Bulbs. The varieties will amaze you, and deer find them untasty
completely. I believe they don't eat Frittleria's either (those are
poisonious too, to deer and those repel voles and moles with their smell
underground) which would make me wonder (Paghat, some help here) if the
little Frittleria's would be inedible to moles, voles and deer.

Does anyone know if deer eat Hellebore? Don't want to recommend something
that deer eat.........
madgardener, zone 7, East Tennessee