Old 20-02-2005, 09:03 PM
rosie readandpost

THANKS!

--
rosie

"madgardener" wrote in message
:
: " rosie readandpost" wrote in message
: ...
: i am from farther north than you (wisconsin) and we are nowhere
near
: spring................
: i look forward to more pictures in the future.
: i love tulips, but have moved to "deer country" and have been
: advised against planting them here.
:
: --
: rosie
: you can always plant narcissus. The deer DON'T eat them and there
are
: thousands of colors and come in split cup, fragrant, species,
ruffled,
: doubles, peach colors, pinks, yellows, creams, everything you
could possibly
: think of.
: Try (donning flame proof drawers, first) Dutch Gardens, McClure
&Zimmerman,
: Sheepers Bulbs. The varieties will amaze you, and deer find them
untasty
: completely. I believe they don't eat Frittleria's either (those
are
: poisonious too, to deer and those repel voles and moles with their
smell
: underground) which would make me wonder (Paghat, some help here)
if the
: little Frittleria's would be inedible to moles, voles and deer.
:
: Does anyone know if deer eat Hellebore? Don't want to recommend
something
: that deer eat.........
: madgardener, zone 7, East Tennessee
: