Old 21-02-2005, 12:11 PM
Steph

Hi - There is a good book by Richard Bisgrove called "The Gardens of
Gertrude Jekyll" which contains many copies of her garden plans for
particular gardens. Hestercombe planting plans are mentioned and sometimes
illustrated throughout the book, therefore you would need to spend sometime
researching the plans. The index mentions Clematis flammula:
C.heracleifolia var.davidiana: C. x jackmanii, C.montana, C. recta and
C.vitalba as amongst the clematis varieties used by Jekyll generally but not
specifically at Hestercombe.

AFAIK Gertrude Jekyll's working copies of her garden plans were acquired by
the American, Beatrix Farrand who then bequeathed them to the School of
Environmental Design at the University of California, Berkeley. I believe
that it is possible to get copies of the plans from them.

Hope this helps.

Steph Power

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message
Does anyone know if her planting lists are available? I am interested in
finding out which clematis varieties she used and specifically which she
may
have used at Hestercombe

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.