Old 22-02-2005, 07:39 AM
Ross Vandegrift

On 2005-02-22, I3 I L L wrote:
try. So is the CSM+B Plantex the same as PMDD with boron added?

No, the CSM+B Plantex is just one component of PMDD. Greg also sells
potassium sulfate, potassium nitrate, and magnesium sulfate. These are
also used in the recipie and are crucial - they are the macronutrient,
vs the Plantex being the micronutrients, or trace nutrients.

Anybody here currently using any of
these fertilizers? Like to hear your remarks!

I've had great luck since I switched to a PMDD style fertilizer regimen.
First, spend some time reading "Control of Algae in Planted Aquaria" at
http://www.thekrib.net/Plants/Fertil...rs-conlin.html.

After starting, keep a watch on your nitrate - you don't want it to be
through the roof. As the paper says, it will take some time before the
tank settles into a steady nitrate level from daily doses. You may need
to play around with the nitrate content - it will vary from tank to
tank.

I've had great results in my tank. I've got 110W over 40 gallons, DIY
CO2, and since I got my PMDD formula spot on, the tank has been
goregous. Algae has been minimal, plants look vibrant and healthy.
Fish are happy because there's so many places to hide!

--
Ross Vandegrift

man in the bonds of Hell."