Old 22-02-2005, 04:57 PM
steve

Ross Vandegrift wrote:
snip

After starting, keep a watch on your nitrate - you don't want it to

be
through the roof. As the paper says, it will take some time before

the
tank settles into a steady nitrate level from daily doses. You may

need
to play around with the nitrate content - it will vary from tank to
tank.

I've had great results in my tank. I've got 110W over 40 gallons,

DIY
CO2, and since I got my PMDD formula spot on, the tank has been
goregous. Algae has been minimal, plants look vibrant and healthy.
Fish are happy because there's so many places to hide!

--
Ross Vandegrift

This has been my experience as well. I've now settled on a regime of
measuring my nitrates, and dosing with KN03 and KCI to maintain levels
of about 8 and 16 ppm respectively. I don't dose phosphates anymore
because my fish food supplies plenty of that. I've put some pictures
together he http://Aquaria.Info/members/ervis/

I'm really happy with the results!

steve