Old 22-02-2005, 06:49 PM
Travis

Hal wrote:
On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 00:03:31 GMT, "Mikael"
wrote:

Strong single growths that grow out of the ground they grow close
together and are impossible to get though, and have thorns from
one end to the others. They are hard to cut down when they start
getting thick. Some thing like Blackberry briers but thicker and
worse. I hope this helps you understand.
Mikael

Dig up a root and see if it has a bulbous like rhizome that connects
to others just as ugly. That is probably pipe briar, not
blackberry. The only cure I know is dig up the roots. Blackberry
can be a PITA, but can be killed with careful applications of
Roundup, I don't know of a herbicide that kills pipe briar.

Regards,

Hal

When I Google for "pipe briar" all I get is stuff about pipes for
smoking tobacoo.

USDA Zone 8b
Sunset Zone 5