Old 23-02-2005, 07:13 AM
Elaine T

jedi wrote:
I remember one year in San Berdo when we got 5" in one hour. Never in my
life have I seen anything like that. The water was literally in sheets
(rather than drops). It was a once in a lifetime storm I thought... Each
year it feels more and more like "We're not in Kansas Toto". Do you get
algae bloom this time of year out there from the influx of rain water?

"San Diego Joe" wrote in message

"kathy" wrote:

Hey Joe,
Is that the last of the rain or is there
more coming?

kathy

Hi Kathy,

According to what I've seen, we are supposed to be good at least through
Friday and possibly into next week.

The soil is soooo saturated here. We only get about 11" per year, 4" on
average to this date and so far this season we have had 12 1/2". I guess
that doesn't sound like much to those who get way more rain, but they
typically have infrastructure to deal with it.

Funny, San Diego is hosting a meteorologists convention this week. At

least

it will keep them out of the bars!

Sun's out? I musta blinked and missed it. On the bright side, I'm
getting lots of rainwater for the fishtanks. We had a tornado watch up
in Oceanside today. Unreal!

--
__ Elaine T __
__' http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__