Old 11-01-2005, 10:57 PM
San Diego Joe

Default Sun's out in So Cal

Finally, sunshine this afternoon. What a mess all that rain made. I've been
doing a constant water change in my pond for about four days now LOL.

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Goldfish, a RES named Colombo and an Oscar.

Old 11-01-2005, 11:14 PM
kathy

Hey Joe,
Is that the last of the rain or is there
more coming?

kathy

Old 12-01-2005, 12:05 AM
San Diego Joe

"kathy" wrote:

Hey Joe,
Is that the last of the rain or is there
more coming?

kathy

Hi Kathy,

According to what I've seen, we are supposed to be good at least through
Friday and possibly into next week.

The soil is soooo saturated here. We only get about 11" per year, 4" on
average to this date and so far this season we have had 12 1/2". I guess
that doesn't sound like much to those who get way more rain, but they
typically have infrastructure to deal with it.

Funny, San Diego is hosting a meteorologists convention this week. At least
it will keep them out of the bars!

Old 12-01-2005, 03:29 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 14:57:45 -0800, San Diego Joe wrote:

Finally, sunshine this afternoon. What a mess all that rain made. I've been
doing a constant water change in my pond for about four days now LOL.

San Diego Joe

Hope you're not up against any of those moving hill sides. Oh My!!!

Pond wise, be sure and check your KH & pH, you may have to replace
buffering with baking soda. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~
Old 12-01-2005, 04:56 PM
San Diego Joe

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote:

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 14:57:45 -0800, San Diego Joe wrote:

Finally, sunshine this afternoon. What a mess all that rain made. I've been
doing a constant water change in my pond for about four days now LOL.

San Diego Joe

Hope you're not up against any of those moving hill sides. Oh My!!!

Pond wise, be sure and check your KH & pH, you may have to replace
buffering with baking soda. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Yes, good point. Now where is that test kit?

Old 12-01-2005, 07:01 PM
~ Windsong ~

"San Diego Joe" wrote in message
Finally, sunshine this afternoon. What a mess all that rain made. I've

been
doing a constant water change in my pond for about four days now LOL.

===========================
Good for you! Nothing like a nice sunny day to lift one's spirits. And I'm
not talking about the alcoholic kind. Here in TN it's been rainy and gloomy
for almost a month. It's overcast again today. This is the 1st Dec. I am
still feeding my fish and I've had them since 1995. We're having some very
strange weather here.
--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
"Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway."

Old 22-02-2005, 10:35 PM
jedi

I remember one year in San Berdo when we got 5" in one hour. Never in my
life have I seen anything like that. The water was literally in sheets
(rather than drops). It was a once in a lifetime storm I thought... Each
year it feels more and more like "We're not in Kansas Toto". Do you get
algae bloom this time of year out there from the influx of rain water?

"kathy" wrote:

Hey Joe,
Is that the last of the rain or is there
more coming?

kathy

Hi Kathy,

According to what I've seen, we are supposed to be good at least through
Friday and possibly into next week.

The soil is soooo saturated here. We only get about 11" per year, 4" on
average to this date and so far this season we have had 12 1/2". I guess
that doesn't sound like much to those who get way more rain, but they
typically have infrastructure to deal with it.

Funny, San Diego is hosting a meteorologists convention this week. At

least
it will keep them out of the bars!

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Goldfish, a RES named Colombo and an Oscar.

News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 100,000

Newsgroups

Old 22-02-2005, 11:00 PM
Sean Dinh

It's raining regularly this week. My upgraded TT is maturing. Pond is
clearing. Some one got algae bloom from rain water?

Old 23-02-2005, 02:15 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

If your pond is getting torrents of rain, keep an eye on the KH, there is
no buffering in rain water. Baking soda will keep your KH up and the filter
on line. ~ jan

Old 23-02-2005, 07:13 AM
Elaine T

"kathy" wrote:

Hey Joe,
Is that the last of the rain or is there
more coming?

kathy

Hi Kathy,

According to what I've seen, we are supposed to be good at least through
Friday and possibly into next week.

The soil is soooo saturated here. We only get about 11" per year, 4" on
average to this date and so far this season we have had 12 1/2". I guess
that doesn't sound like much to those who get way more rain, but they
typically have infrastructure to deal with it.

Funny, San Diego is hosting a meteorologists convention this week. At

least

it will keep them out of the bars!

Sun's out? I musta blinked and missed it. On the bright side, I'm
getting lots of rainwater for the fishtanks. We had a tornado watch up
in Oceanside today. Unreal!

--
__ Elaine T __
__' http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__

Old 23-02-2005, 04:29 PM
Benign Vanilla

"jedi" wrote in message
I remember one year in San Berdo when we got 5" in one hour. Never in my
life have I seen anything like that. The water was literally in sheets
(rather than drops). It was a once in a lifetime storm I thought... Each
year it feels more and more like "We're not in Kansas Toto". Do you get
algae bloom this time of year out there from the influx of rain water?

I was camping two years ago with some friend in western MD, and we got I
think it was 2 inches an hour for the entire night. It was the most rain,
I've ever seen at one time.

--
BV
Webporgmaster of iheartmypond.com

Old 23-02-2005, 10:41 PM
bluegill phil

Im glad your pond is still in YOUR backyard and not in someone elses.
The pictures on tv look bad.
Old 23-02-2005, 11:41 PM
jedi

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

"jedi" wrote in message
I remember one year in San Berdo when we got 5" in one hour. Never in

my
life have I seen anything like that. The water was literally in sheets
(rather than drops). It was a once in a lifetime storm I thought...

Each
year it feels more and more like "We're not in Kansas Toto". Do you get
algae bloom this time of year out there from the influx of rain water?

I was camping two years ago with some friend in western MD, and we got I
think it was 2 inches an hour for the entire night. It was the most rain,
I've ever seen at one time.
BV
Webporgmaster of iheartmypond.com
http://www.iheartmypond.com
I'll be leaning on the bus stop post.

Lucky you didn't float away....

Old 24-02-2005, 04:05 PM
Benign Vanilla

"jedi" wrote in message
snip
I was camping two years ago with some friend in western MD, and we got I
think it was 2 inches an hour for the entire night. It was the most

rain,
I've ever seen at one time.
BV
Webporgmaster of iheartmypond.com
http://www.iheartmypond.com
I'll be leaning on the bus stop post.

Lucky you didn't float away....

It was touch and go, at one point.

--
BV
Webporgmaster of iheartmypond.com
http://www.iheartmypond.com
I'll be leaning on the bus stop post.

Sun has just come out! David WE Roberts[_4_] United Kingdom 8 30-04-2012 08:46 AM
Off Topic but ....Out in the sun or not Bill who putters Gardening 8 07-07-2009 12:37 PM
Sun without Sun. Erik Orchids 8 03-02-2006 09:51 PM
in/out of sun Chris C. Grier Bonsai 1 21-06-2004 05:11 AM
[IBC] in/out of sun Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 21-06-2004 02:05 AM