Old 23-02-2005, 02:27 PM
Andyd

Depends on what type of oak. Live Oaks are dropping leaves right now,
and have been doing so for at least a month. Red Oaks dropped their
leaves in the fall and have been bare all winter, and will soon be
sprouting their leaves again. Not sure on Bur Oak, Water Oak, etc.
Other common trees in our area also drop their leaves at varying
times, if at all. Cedar Elms drop in the fall, I think. If you have
Chinese Tallow (we have a huge one the previous owner planted, my wife
won't let me remove it) they also lose their leaves in the fall, as do
a number of the other ornamentals (pears, etc.)

An aside, I am not sure about the comment on Mtn Laurels succumbing to
freeze last year, in our yard and in many places I went, last spring
was one of the best Mtn Laurel blooms I have seen in years here. Got
loads of seeds to try and plant now.

andyd

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 14:50:53 -0600, "David" wrote:

"Rusty Mase" wrote in message
On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 09:07:13 -0600, "David" wrote:

I've been in my house for about 2 years now and I remember the Spring

"Fall"
here in central Texas, but I can't remember when that's supposed to

occur.
Is this a March thing or an April thing?

I actually can't tell if you answered my question or not. I was actually
asking to see if anyone knows the approximate date that the oaks drop their
leaves in the spring. Any idea?

Thanks,
David