Old 23-02-2005, 07:35 PM
Joe Doe

In article . net,
Gary Brady wrote:

anyone wrote:
Help!!... I need to have someone plant some fast growing small trees or
large shrubs to give me privacy - the lot next to mine is being built on
right now. There is LOTS of rock where I live in the hillcountry - and I
need someone who has the equipment or muscle necessary to dig through it.
Can anyone recommend someone who provides such a service and what fast-
growing, deer resistant tree/shrub should be planted? I am in the far
southwest hill country.

Thanks in advance.

Oleander. It's poisonous, though.

The downside is that it susceptible to freeze damage (hardy red is hardy
to 20 F or so) so it will periodically loose leaves. It is probably
root hardy but you will still loose privacy if it freezes.

Roland