Old 23-02-2005, 05:39 PM
Travis

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 18:46:27 GMT, "Travis"
wrote:

Mikael wrote:
Travis, this link will explain it better.
http://www.atbmx.com/articles/briars.htm
Mikael

"Travis" wrote in message
Mikael wrote:
Is there any way to keep ahead of briars. They are starting to
over run my hill side yard. I can't seem to keep up with them. I
have a large yard, and a lot of it is hill. Thanks for any
advice. Mikael

Please define briars.

USDA Zone 8b
Sunset Zone 5

That link does not tell what briars are as in a botanical name.

All of the briars (or 'briers', as the USDA would have it) that I
am familiar with are classified in the genus Smilax:
http://plants.usda.gov/cgi_bin/topic...i&symbol=SMCA2
I'm in the southeast part of the US though, not in the PNW. Perhaps
there are other genera where you are.

Thank you.

USDA Zone 8b
Sunset Zone 5