Old 24-02-2005, 04:08 AM
Red

I will tell you that live oaks are just as individual as you and I are.
When I moved into this home in 1990 I was devastated the first spring when
the biggest oak on the property started to turn brown and drop all of it's
leaves, a full three weeks ahead of all the rest of the oaks (as I learned
later this was normal). Right now if you go up and down the street you will
see some live oaks that are bare and some which so no sign of dropping an
leaf. I went out to check my indicator oak the other day so I could prepare
for the time when I can expect all my neighbors to be putting their bags of
potential compost on the curb for me to pick up. My indicator tree has
dropped all of it's leaves, which means in the next two weeks I will be out
competing with the garbage collectors for the spoils

..
"David" wrote in message
I've been in my house for about 2 years now and I remember the Spring
"Fall"
here in central Texas, but I can't remember when that's supposed to occur.
Is this a March thing or an April thing?

Thanks in advance for the response.

Regards,
David