Old 24-02-2005, 06:32 PM
Charlie Pridham

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article , Micko [email protected] writes:
| Got a water butt off a garage which quickly fills with water. Have to
| connect a hose at base to drain etc.
|
| Do they still make water butts with a socket at the top of the butt to
| accept a standard hose tap ? I have tried the diy stores with no

success
| and would prefer a mail order company as I don't have transport.

What's it made of? If wood, plastic or metal, all you have to
do is drill an appropriate hole in it, fit an appropriate fitting,
and lead the pipe off that. If you have no equipment, find
someone who does and bribe him appropriately.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

LBS do mail order plumbing fittings, you should be able to use something
like a tank connector which you can screw a tap onto ( they list several
sorts and sizes at around £5) or you could scavenge the bits off an old
toilet cistern!

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk