Old 26-02-2005, 05:58 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On 26 Feb 2005 11:12:24 -0600, lid (Roop) wrote:

i live in ottawa on, canada and have a 500 gallon pond setup in my
back yard. right now it's covered in about a foot of ice and snow. i
removed all my fish in the fall last year and left them in a large
aquarium. i was thinking of doing the same for my water lilies.

last year i trimmed all the floating leaves and put them back in the
water. they quickly grew submerged leaves and then the pond froze
over. i was thinking if i pulled them out and started them now, i
would probably have a longer flowering season for them.

it won't be warm enough to put them back outside until april or may,
probably the end of may at that. my worry is they would grow too
quickly in a few motnhs, but if i leave them outside, i may only get
a month or two of flowering. what do you guys think?

I think you've got a good idea.

Afterall, I keep my tropicals inside all winter and they don't go out till
end of May, 1st of June, depending on the weather. Especially since your
hardies have had their needed cold season, bringing them in and getting
them going isn't a bad idea. Assuming you have the space and addequate
light for them. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~