Old 26-02-2005, 05:35 PM
Bob Hobden

"anon4186" wrote
I have had this palm for years and it has grown from a little thing in a
gift basket (from tesco's I think) into a sprawling monster, growing
wildly
in whatever room it happened to be in.

However, we've just moved house and it has gone downhill rapidly. It was
repotted recently but we've done that several time before with no
problems,
so the only thing I can think of is the location - we've put it in the
conservatory.

This gets plenty of sunlight (not that there's been much in the month
we've
been here) but also it gets very cold at night.

There are still big shoots growing in the middle, but many (at least half)
of the leaves have gone like this -

http://www.discount-aromatherapy.co.uk/manky-plant.jpg

Sooooo... what's causing this problem? Too much light? or the cold? I'm
total newbie so I have no idea...

I bet you are still watering it as you did before? Photo seems to suggest
that.
If so it's a combination of the new cold conditions and too wet, let it dry
off and if you can't put it somewhere warmer then keep it almost dry in
winter in future.

--
Regards
Bob