Old 26-02-2005, 08:56 PM
Mike Lyle

Sally Thompson wrote:
On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 17:34:15 +1100, "Peter Jason"
wrote:

I have a large 2-story wall facing east (rising sun side) and I

need
an ivy to cover it.

Can someone help me with an evergreen species to do the job?

You might get some ideas from browsing the catalogue for these

people
who are home to the national hedera collection:
http://www.fibrex.co.uk/

I just want to reinforce the money-saving advice not to plant ivy on
a house. It's very destructive when it gets into the joints of
woodwork, behind guttering, or under slates; and it will do so. There
are plenty of gentler climbers to choose from.

Mike.