Old 26-02-2005, 10:43 PM
Bob Hobden

"anon4186" wrote
I bet you are still watering it as you did before?

Yup

If so it's a combination of the new cold conditions and too wet, let it

dry
off and if you can't put it somewhere warmer then keep it almost dry in
winter in future.

I assume if it's kept in a centrally heated house then it can be watered
the
same all year round? Or do we still have to slow the watering down?

If the temperature is the same then it can to a certain extent, but, don't
forget the light is less in winter so it needs less water as it won't be
growing much.

Also, as half of it looks dead is there any chance of saving it? I'm
guessing the brown bits aren't going to recover, so do we cut of the
stalks
where the leaves are dead? Is there any knack to it or can we just hack
them off...?

Cut the brown bits off with a sharp knife or secateurs and the rest may
still die back a bit, but you should be able to save some if you haven't
killed the roots with the wet. Does the compost smell bad? If so repot and
check the roots when you do. If the roots are dead......... :-(

--
Regards
Bob