Old 28-02-2005, 03:49 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Sunday's Pond Chores

Lily pond got up to 45F by the end of today. A few of the baby koi were up
swimming a bit, looks like I have a few butterfly keepers in there. Also
saw a few fantail goldfish babies who made it thru the winter.

Dumped the lotus and had enough tubers to plant 8 containers. 2 for me, 1
for Kathy, and 5 to sell to keep this hobby in the black. Sorry, I don't
mail them, I actually pot them up in black plastic oil pans and don't sell
if they don't grow. Lotus being so touchy and all. When I repotted last
year, the one I kept started to grow, than just quit. Course I'd sold all
that I'd potted up. Luckily I had 2 pots of it and only repotted the one
container. So I am a bit nervous, in that I may not sell any till I'm sure
MINE in the lily pond do grow.

Did you do any ponding today? ) ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/