Old 28-02-2005, 03:49 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Sunday's Pond Chores

Lily pond got up to 45F by the end of today. A few of the baby koi were up
swimming a bit, looks like I have a few butterfly keepers in there. Also
saw a few fantail goldfish babies who made it thru the winter.

Dumped the lotus and had enough tubers to plant 8 containers. 2 for me, 1
for Kathy, and 5 to sell to keep this hobby in the black. Sorry, I don't
mail them, I actually pot them up in black plastic oil pans and don't sell
if they don't grow. Lotus being so touchy and all. When I repotted last
year, the one I kept started to grow, than just quit. Course I'd sold all
that I'd potted up. Luckily I had 2 pots of it and only repotted the one
container. So I am a bit nervous, in that I may not sell any till I'm sure
MINE in the lily pond do grow.

Did you do any ponding today? ) ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 28-02-2005, 05:05 AM
~ Windsong ~

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message

Did you do any ponding today? ) ~ jan

===================
No, but did yesterday. The big pond's filter is running. The water was 52
degrees at 18" below the surface. The new small 150 gallon kiddy pool must
be leaking from somewhere. It's down 2" every time we fill it!
AAARGGGHHHHH!!! I have to move the rock work AGAIN, pull out the 12mil
liner and set another pool in the old two already in the ground. I can't do
that until Wally World get the new pools in for the spring.
--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
"WORK HARDER, millions in Welfare depend on you."

Old 28-02-2005, 01:27 PM
Lilly

LMAO!! The AIR didn't get to 45F at all this weekend. My friends' ponds
are under 3 or 4 feet of snow at the moment. Doubtful there will be
ponding anytime soon. The extended ponding season, by way of PVC frames
and plastic sheets, is the end of April to end of October here on the
northern fringes of Zone 5.

frozen like an ice cube and jealous in the frozen north...

Lilly

Old 02-03-2005, 03:17 PM
Benign Vanilla

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
Lily pond got up to 45F by the end of today. A few of the baby koi were up
swimming a bit, looks like I have a few butterfly keepers in there. Also
saw a few fantail goldfish babies who made it thru the winter.

Dumped the lotus and had enough tubers to plant 8 containers. 2 for me, 1
for Kathy, and 5 to sell to keep this hobby in the black. Sorry, I don't
mail them, I actually pot them up in black plastic oil pans and don't sell
if they don't grow. Lotus being so touchy and all. When I repotted last
year, the one I kept started to grow, than just quit. Course I'd sold all
that I'd potted up. Luckily I had 2 pots of it and only repotted the one
container. So I am a bit nervous, in that I may not sell any till I'm sure
MINE in the lily pond do grow.

Did you do any ponding today? ) ~ jan

I've been negecting Shareholders Pond all winter. I try to stay away from
cold, icey water as much as possible. Inside though...The Koinkey is doing
well and ready for the pond. I have nice little comet in a 10 gallon that is
ready for the pond as well. I've got several lotus seedlings that I am
raising from seed. They are doing well, so hopefully I'll have a few to dump
to support my habit as well.

--
BV
Webporgmaster of iheartmypond.com