Old 28-02-2005, 04:45 AM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Default New Pump decision...noise question

Thanks, Y'all for your suggestions about pumps.

We have decided to go with a Pondmaster 2400. At the max height of flow, it
will turn the pond better than once per two hours. The useage is about 245
watts per hour, less than our present 7 yr old, dead ex-pump.

Now Jim is trying to get our middle son to take a dip in the 50 degree pool
to bring up the old one. We may try to put this one outside the pond with
flooded suction until the water gets warmer.

Does anyone know how much noise it would make outside the pond? We have
enjoyed the silence of a submerged pump.

Phyllis

Ask me about Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $120+ per child) at: jogathon.net