Old 28-02-2005, 04:45 AM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Default New Pump decision...noise question

Thanks, Y'all for your suggestions about pumps.

We have decided to go with a Pondmaster 2400. At the max height of flow, it
will turn the pond better than once per two hours. The useage is about 245
watts per hour, less than our present 7 yr old, dead ex-pump.

Now Jim is trying to get our middle son to take a dip in the 50 degree pool
to bring up the old one. We may try to put this one outside the pond with
flooded suction until the water gets warmer.

Does anyone know how much noise it would make outside the pond? We have
enjoyed the silence of a submerged pump.

Phyllis

Ask me about Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $120+ per child) at: jogathon.net

Old 28-02-2005, 05:35 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Does anyone know how much noise it would make outside the pond? We have
enjoyed the silence of a submerged pump.

Phyllis

You can still have that using a filter system similar to mine, outside the
pond. If you have haven't looked at the pictures lately click on both *My
Filter* and *Demon Pond Filter*. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

question about lawnmower blade noise [email protected] Lawns 10 05-04-2008 01:38 AM
Lawn decision Mike W. Lawns 10 13-10-2004 12:41 AM
Garden of Wales decision time Gavin Wheeler United Kingdom 47 17-12-2003 10:03 AM
Garden of Wales decision time - longish Larry Stoter United Kingdom 3 02-12-2003 07:33 PM
decision support system weed control Dirk Schulz sci.agriculture 0 25-06-2003 02:32 PM