Old 28-02-2005, 05:58 PM
Sean Dinh

Pond is mostly clear now, a week after installing the bigger TT. I haven't
upgraded the pump. Original pump was for circulating water in my old mud pond.
It was not meant to be used in a filter. It's only pumping 86 gph right now.

I waited for the vegetable filter to kick in. That never happened. The Water
Hyacinth never grew. WH didn't like cool flowing water. There were no flowers
last summer. Even though there were a lot of plants in the pond, they couldn't
handle the ammonia spikes after each feeding. That were how green algae
thrived.

Anyway, my problem now is suspended particles. I never worried about them
before because I couldn't see them through the green algae.

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote:

Sean does mention it has been green since day 2, so he's either (I assume,
uh oh) gonna increase his filter size & turn around time, or decrease the
fish. ??? ~ jan )