Old 01-03-2005, 11:43 AM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
"Spider" writes:

| All this confusion over common or English names ... sounds like a good
| advertisement for botanical latin tags to me!

Yup. If you want to identify a particular species, then botanical
Latin is the best bet. If you want to be deliberately vague, then
Enlish is better. It is amusing to note the postings - most of us
who are happy with botanical Latin also use English names!

"You have to be careful when pruning sumachs in summer not to get
the sap on sensitive skin, and particularly not in your eyes."

That obviously doesn't mean just genus Rhus :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.