Old 01-03-2005, 09:23 PM
Craig Cowing

On Mar 1, 2005, at 1:53 PM, Wendy Fissel wrote:

snip

From Rastislav Kralovic:

I have found the list directly (i.e. not via the newsgroup). I
don't know how
typical is my case, but I personally would vote for a moderated list
not
connected to RAB.

I have to agree with this.

snip
To understand the benefit, let me pose a question to the past and
present
administrators and long-time posters. If this list was not linked to
IBC,
and people were searching for bonsai discussion, would they likely
still
find and join the list? If so, why remain linked?

Nobody is suggesting eliminating RAB. I didn't find the IBC through
RAB either so I have no attachment to it.

As far as I'm concerned, having the reciprocal link to RAB almost
negates any value derived from being a part of the IBC. If people can
post to the list without being subscribers, what's the point of having
subscribers?

Someone suggested modifying the link to RAB so that people could read
the postings on the IBC through RAB but could not post to the IBC. I
feel this is the best solution. If someone had a question to post
perhaps they could send it to a designated email address that is
monitored. Would this be possible?

Another possibility, which would require a reworking of the list again,
would be to set up the gallery in the way that BonsaiTalk is set up.
There is no list--pictures and inquiries all get posted there. That
way people can read any thread they want and ignore everything else.

snip

Best regards,

-Wendy

Craig Cowing

NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37

++++Sponsored, in part, by Gregory Brenden++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++