Old 10-02-2003, 02:25 PM
Charles P. Burton

Default How do I grow raspberries and blueberries?

The cultural requirements are quite different, but for either, you may have
one or any number of plants.

They are planted in the spring as soon as the ground can be worked.
Blueberries require acid soil which makes them difficult to grow in most
gardens. Raspberries are easier to grow, particularly the red type, which
are the hardiest.

"lcain" wrote in message
om...
Hello All:
I live in the south eastern part of Ontario. Can anyone tell me how
to grow raspberries and blueberries? I heard that you had to have
more than one plant in order for them to survive. Is this true? If
so, which two do I need? Are there male and female plants or is that
a dumb questions? (hey, they have male and female plugs, why not
plants?????) Also, when is the best time to plant them? Any help
would be appreciated. Thanks