Old 01-03-2005, 10:26 PM
Brian

"Kay" wrote in message
In article , Furby
writes
I've had this tree in my garden for years, its appears to be doing well,

but
its not what I thought it was, I thought it was a Japanese Apricot, but

the
pictures I have of a Japanese Apricot don't look anything like my tree,
also this one has no fruit ?

Is japanese apricot Prunus mume?

I like the tree just don't know what it is. Can any one help me with the
name of this tree?

Is it in flower at the moment?

Follow the link below to see the pictures.

http://ngtemp.freewebpage.org/

It looks a bit like Prunus subhirtella 'autumnalis' (winter flowering
cherry) but a bit too pink for even the pink form of that.
--
Kay

_________________
I think more likely a var. of Prunus dulcis.(Almond) Only a couple
of weeks early~~ but then it hasn't been a normal winter. Feb/March rather
than the normal March/April.
Interestingly, several grafts at the same level giving the blown out
umbrella appearance and relatively narrow branches.. Very attractive but
will be fairly short -lived in bloom, whereas the winter flowering cherry is
starting its fifth month in flower and is far more graceful, subtle and
feminine in appearance. Given the choice of only one "garden" tree the WFC
would be my choice without competition. Though we all have different
preferences.
Best Wishes Brian.