Old 02-03-2005, 09:04 AM

Richard Sexton wrote:
Wow! I've never even attempted a lace plant. I keep too many fish

in
my tanks. ;-) I had totally forgotten about the clay balls. I've

been
actually been avoiding mail ordering some Aponogetons I wanted to

try
because the mail order shop says that all but A. crispus require
dormancy. Now I have to decide which to get...

Heh, I've seen it said that all but A. stachysporous require

dormancy.

The only trick to laceplants is low temperatures. 74F is about max
and they're quite happy at 68 (and colder) which many plants aren't.

They like lots of light as do all Aponogetons.

Looks like Aponogeton natans with the floating leaves, and ulvacues
with the submersed wide leaves. The two crossed together is undulata if
I remember correctly. Those "short" wide leaves, will actually grow
quite long and stay just as wide. The floating leaves will multiply as
well. These two species hybridize in the wild quite easily.

Robert Hudson
www.aquabotanic.com
Join our forums!