Old 02-03-2005, 11:40 AM
Miss Perspicacia Tick

Default Slightly OT (well it's still botanical!) Has anyone been to The Eden Project?

I am planning to go away late Spring/early Summer (my birthday falls
mid-May) and I've been promising myself I'd visit Eden since it opened. I'd
like to hear others' opinions, was it worth the entrance fee? Also, any
recommendations of budget accommodation would be good, too. I've been
looking at hostels (I'm a member of the YHA) but there don't seem to be any
in the vicinity. Just to give you an idea, my income is £110pw (that's DLA),
so I need to budget rather strictly (though I have thought it might be
rather fun to challenge myself and see what the minimum daily survival
amount would be).

I also want to take this opportunity to get fit as I am grossly overweight
(not entirely through the normal means - it's also caused by things you
blokes don't have to worry about - though I am dreadfully unfit). Are there
parts of Cornwall you would recommend for scenic walks for someone who's
furthest is the 800-odd yard round trip to the cornershop for the paper? I
wanted to do the Tintagel Trail, but it looks a bit steep for me!

Once again, I apologise for posting off-topic, but it seemed
semi-appropriate to ask here. I don't know anything about gardening (only
that I'm not much good at it!) so I came here to learn (and I have -
hugely).

I just wish there were more places round here that didn't require a car (I
don't drive) - Gerrards Cross (as some of you know) doesn't appear to
feature in the govt's public transport initiative, being as there is one bus
every 2-2½ hours - mostly at inconvenient times (and that's when it shows at
all!)

Thanks folks,

Sarah

--
Facon - the artificial bacon bits you get in Pizza Hut for sprinkling on
salads.